Why dental crowns are a cost-effective restoration for patients in San Mateo, CA
Dental crowns are a common, versatile, and cost-effective way to restore teeth. Whether a patient has experienced significant decay, trauma, or missing teeth, dental crowns reinstate form, function, and beauty. At Peninsula Dental Implants in San Carlos, CA, we have extensive experience placing beautiful, long-lasting crowns.
Reasons patients may need dental crowns
A dental crown is a cap that covers the entire surface of a tooth. It strengthens and protects a compromised tooth. Some of the most common reasons for dental crowns include:
- Root canal treatment – A dental crown strengthens a tooth that has severe decay and required root canal therapy.
- Trauma/Injury – A dental crown can be used when a patient has experienced damage to a tooth such as fractures or large chips.
- Restorations – Dental crowns are an integral part of restorations for missing teeth such as bridges and implants.
Benefits of dental crowns
- Cost-effective – dental crowns can last ten years or longer with proper oral care. We provide basic precautions patients should take to preserve longevity.
- Natural-looking – We place porcelain crowns. Porcelain is strong and closely resembles natural tooth enamel. When matched to neighboring teeth, dental crowns are virtually undetectable within the smile.
- Stain-resistant – Porcelain is a beautiful material that will not discolor easily from foods and beverages.
- Functional – Once in place, patients can bite, chew, and speak just like with a natural tooth.
- Stable – Dental crowns are cemented into place and remain secure when you eat and speak.
Dental crowns have been around many years, but have continually advanced in beauty, form, and functionality. At Peninsula Dental Implants, our team actively participates in continuing education to ensure that you receive the most beautiful and durable restorations available. If you live in Foster City, San Mateo, and Redwood City and would like to learn more about dental crowns and their cost, call us at (650) 232-7650.Back to Bridges and Crowns Page