Redwood City, CA dental practice explains the purpose, benefits, and cost of implants
Tooth loss and replacement are the focus of the team at Peninsula Dental Implant Center. Dr. Shivani Gupta and her team of professionals are dedicated to providing patients with dental implants for tooth replacement, ensuring patients have the best possible solution for their smiles. Regardless of dental implant cost, there are many benefits that patients in Redwood City, CA can enjoy with dental implants, since implants work just like their natural teeth!
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are restorations used by Dr. Shivani Gupta to replace missing and broken teeth. These restorations are made of zirconia and titanium, a metal biocompatible with the body, to ensure safety and effectiveness. Dental implants are placed during oral surgery into the jaw bone, and function just as natural teeth do. They are restored over the top abutment in a variety of different ways, including:
- Dental crowns for replacing a single tooth
- Dental bridges to act as an anchor for one or both sides
- Dentures to replace all the teeth in the dental arch
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants are popular for many different reasons. Dental implants:
- Restore the smile after tooth loss with a natural-looking replacement
- Function as previous natural teeth once did
- Require little care and attention when compared with alternative tooth replacement options
- Last a lifetime with proper care
- Maintain natural bone in the jaw through a process of bone growth called osseointegration
- Are a smart investment in the long-term function and beauty of the smile
- Look completely natural with custom porcelain restorations
- Keep bone resorption from occurring, causing a sunken-in appearance to the jaw and mouth
- Provide a versatile way to replace one, several, or all teeth in a smile
How much do dental implants cost?
While dental implants are not a cheap option for tooth replacement, they are a wise choice for many of our patients. This is because they can last a lifetime with proper attention. There is no basic cost for dental implants, as the preparation and placement of implants will vary from patient to patient. Patients who do not require preparation for their dental implants will have a less costly quote than someone who requires repair of the bone, such as bone grafting, or surgery to lift the sinus cavity for implants on the top jaw. It is important that patients undergo a thorough evaluation including x-rays and 3D dental scans to determine if an individual is a proper candidate for treatment. This includes examining the bones structure and looking for signs of periodontal disease that may impact successful oral surgery. Dr. Gupta uses her in-office dental lab and advanced dental equipment to minimize the number of visits and provide the most affordable dental implants in the bay area.
Interested in dental implants?
Dr. Shivani Gupta is an expert dental implant professional in the mid-peninsula area serving the patients of San Carlos, Redwood City, Menlo Park and Palo Alto. Her team of dental assistants and technicians work hard to deliver the best tooth replacement options to patients in need of smile restoration. If you are interested in learning more about the purpose, benefits, and cost of dental implants, contact Peninsula Dental Implant Center at (650) 232-7650 to request a consultation visit. Our team is located at 1201 St. Francis Way and accepts new patients in the area.
Share this Article
Back to Blog Page