Palo Alto, CA area dental clinic offers an alternative to traditional orthodontics: Invisalign
Many patients in Palo Alto, CA who are faced with the idea of treating misaligned teeth may feel there is only one method: traditional orthodontics. However, patients who visit the Peninsula Dental Implant Center, a dental clinic run by Dr. Shivani Gupta, they may be pleasantly surprised to learn about an alternative option that can be used to avoid those unsightly brackets and wires on the smile: Invisalign.
How does Invisalign work
Dr. Shivani Gupta is a dedicated professional who can walk patients through the process of straightening the teeth with Invisalign, also known as clear aligner therapy. Using transparent plastic trays that are formed using impressions of the patient’s natural smile, the teeth can be realigned through the progression of trays in a series.
- First, patients consult with their dentist at the clinic to determine if they are a candidate for treatment. Not everyone can use Invisalign, but most patients are excited to learn that they can enjoy this treatment for enhancing their smiles. Invisalign is best utilized for patients with mild to moderate misalignment of the teeth.
- Second, patients come into the Peninsula Dental Implant Center for a series of digitized impressions. These are done with a specialized device which sends imaging information to the computer. This creates a digital view of the smile and can be used to create the trays for treatment.
- Third, the dentist will send these digital image files to the team at Invisalign, after which a series of trays are made. The number of trays in a patient’s series will vary, depending on how severe their misalignment is.
- Fourth, the trays are sent to the dentist, and patients come into the office to learn about how they use their trays to straighten their teeth. Patients will need to visit the office periodically, so the dentist can monitor the progress being made.
- Fifth, once patients have completed their series of trays, they will have achieved their results. Patients can continue to wear their final Invisalign tray at night as a retainer, or they can have a special retainer fabricated to use to maintain the results.
It is extremely important for patients to understand how essential it is for them to comply with treatment. Compliance is needed in order for patients to see the results of their treatment. If patients do not wear their trays day and night, they may notice delays in their treatment or changes to the teeth that cause future trays to not fit properly. This can be problematic, so we strongly encourage patients to only consider Invisalign if they plan on complying with the instructions of the dentist. Otherwise, traditional braces may be a better alternative.
How Invisalign differs from conventional orthodontics
Invisalign trays provide the same results as braces but without the unattractive metal covering the smile for months on end. There are several benefits and comparisons between Invisalign and orthodontic treatments.
- Invisalign provides a way to straighten the smile that is not noticeable to others
- Invisalign trays are smooth and comfortable, eliminating scratches and discomfort of the soft tissues in the mouth
- Invisalign is easy to clean and allows patients to remove their trays to brush and floss as they normally would
- Invisalign is comparable in cost to conventional braces yet has more benefits
- Invisalign allows patients to achieve results faster and feel confident throughout the process
- Invisalign can be used by older children, teenagers, and adults
Patients who are interested in finding out if they are a proper candidate for Invisalign are welcome to contact our dental clinic in San Carlos, CA.
Discuss Invisalign and more with our dental team
At Peninsula Dental Implant Center, Dr. Shivani Gupta and her team are committed to providing orthodontic methods outside of traditional braces for patients in the San Carlos, CA area.Contact Dr. Shivani Gupta and her staff today by calling (650) 232-7650 and visiting the office in San Carlos, CA at 1201 St. Francis Way. The professionals in her practice are here to provide comprehensive dental care solutions while ensuring patient comfort along the way!
Share this Article
Back to Dentist in Palo Alto Page