For many years, conventional braces were the only way to get straighter teeth. The idea of a mouthful of metal bands, cemented brackets, and sharp wires kept many people from considering orthodontics. Today, teens and adults in the San Carlos, CA area have a clear alternative – Invisalign
treatment from Dr. Shivani Gupta at the Peninsula Dental Implant Center.
Treatment begins with a thorough evaluation of your mouth to determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign (most patients are). Any existing dental problems, such as cavities or gum disease, are addressed. Then, 3D digital impressions are made of your mouth. Robust computer software creates a virtual treatment plan
, which you and Dr. Gupta review.
A series of transparent customized aligners is fabricated. You wear each set for about two weeks before progressing to the next. The aligners gradually move teeth with low force
, into desired positions.
- Discreet – Aligners are crystal clear so you look great while you straighten. There is no unsightly hardware, and minimal risk of damage to tooth enamel from treatment.
- Comfortable – Aligners are made of smooth plastic, without sharp edges to irritate soft tissues. Plus, there are no harsh wire-tightening appointments.
- Removable – You can take aligners out to eat the foods you enjoy, and brush and floss normally to keep your mouth sparkling clean.
- Convenient – Dr. Gupta monitors your progress at six-week intervals, and appointments are brief.
- Efficient – Teeth move quickly with good patient compliance (wearing aligners at least 20 hours a day). Each case is different, but a typical Invisalign treatment plan takes just 12 months.
Depending on how many sets of aligners are necessary and timeframe of your individualized care plan, cost ranges between $3,000 and $4,500.
Invisalign treatment continues to evolve. Today, Dr. Gupta is able to treat most cases, from simple cosmetic correction to complex bite issues, with Invisalign. Your beautiful straight smile awaits! Call 650-567-5885 to schedule an Invisalign consultation.